Saturday, July 25, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #482

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #482 for July 20, 2015. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"Guess how I painted them so quickly!"


These just weren't up to speed either:
"I don't have the patience for this."
"Is there anything you need in a jiffy?"
"Just how wide is your bathroom?"
"Would you hold something for me while I go to the bathroom?"
"Why such a tiny cloakroom?"
"Ask me about my goggles?"
"Would you like me to pick up some more wine in France?"



July 27, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



August 17, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week Will McPhail's dapper gentleman made a grand entrance from inside a cake. My caption simply couldn't compete with that. See the three-tiered results of Contest #481.

One day, I'll find something to write about P. C. Vey that has nothing to do with his caption contest cartoons. But not today.

01579

No comments:

Post a Comment