Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #480

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #480 for June 29, 2015. The drawing is by Frank Cotham.

"Brady, did you let some air out?"


Here are some other caption ideas, some of them very closely related:
"You don't bring a balloon to a gunfight."
"Consarn it, I think the inflation pressure has dropped."
"Dang if that wasn't fully inflated a minute ago!"
"Any objections, Nearsighted Nick?"



July 13, 2015 Update:  The Finalists





July 27, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption





Note:  Last week, Tom Toro set up a podium at home plate. I balked at writing a caption. See the play-by-play on Contest #479.

Frank Cotham has created some great caption contests. Too bad my captions haven't been worthy.

01567

No comments:

Post a Comment