Monday, September 21, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #725

I always aim high with my entries in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest. Contest #725 for September 21, 2020 is the exception. The drawing is by Lars Kenseth.
"I'm not Walter. Are you sure you're wearing your contacts?"



September 29, 2020 Update:
  The Finalists



October 5, 2020 Update:
  The entry from Northampton is very good, commas and all. Kudos to the entry from Bethesda for being specific to the cherry. In the end, I voted with Ottawa because I thought that caption was the funniest.


October 12, 2020 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Mick Stevens had a dinosaur stand in line at a book signing. My caption bit me in the asteroid. Should you bring Contest #724 along to the book fair or to the science fair?

 

Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives
 
03388

No comments:

Post a Comment