Monday, September 14, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #724

It's best to arrive early for my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #724 dated September 14, 2020. The drawing of a prehistoric creature in line at a book signing is by Mick Stevens.
"Any advice for a writer whose hands don't reach the keyboard?"



This caption didn't survive the meteor:

"Must your writing be so highly-evolved?"



September 21, 2020 Update:  The Finalists


September 29, 2020 Update: I voted with Minneapolis, but kudos to Whitefield for doing a better job than I did on the hands caption.


October 5, 2020 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  
Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Tim Hamilton brought us into the recording studio where some house pets were busy cutting a track. Think of my caption as an unused take. Why not get out the old turntable and take Contest #723 for a spin?


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives
 
03381

No comments:

Post a Comment