Monday, September 7, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #723

Take five for my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #723 dated September 7, 2020. The drawing of animals in a recording studio is by Tim Hamilton.
"It's as if they never learned how to play together."


These captions couldn't carry a tune:
"What did I tell you? Better than Alvin."
"I like that not one song is audible to humans."



September 14, 2020 Update:
  The Finalists




September 21, 2020 Update:  I voted, possibly too late, with West Hartford.


September 29, 2020 Update:
  The Winner



Note:  This is Tim Hamilton's first appearance on the blog. I met him at the last MoCCA Fest—almost bought one of his books.


Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Teresa Burns Parkhurst showed us why piano movers need to keep up their insurance payments. My caption was strictly a liability. How do you get to Contest #722? Practice!



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment