Monday, April 1, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #656

I'll try not to get too far out over my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #656 for April 1, 2019. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.
"Henry's giving up snow."




These captions were unseasonable:

"We're slowly readjusting to life in the City."
"Edgar is reading up on climate change and he doesn't believe one word of it."
"Edgar's convinced himself he's never getting back his beach body."
"We never go away in the summer."
"It's going to be a long summer."
"Edgar can't wait for the fall."

"Since Vail Edgar's been a lift ticket shy."



April 8, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


April 15, 2019 Update:  I voted with Wilbraham. At least I think I did.


April 22, 2019 Update:  The Winner
  



Note:  Last week cartoonist Frank Cotham gave us a serenade on the psychoanalyst's couch. My caption was slightly tone-deaf. Sing along with Contest #655.


02881

No comments:

Post a Comment