Monday, April 22, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #659

Here is my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #659 for April 22, 2019. The drawing is by Felipe Galindo, a.k.a. Feggo.

"I used to be so grounded."



These captions were not elevated enough:
"It's roomier now that the kids have flown."
"This year I didn't fly south with Henry."


April 29, 2019 Update:
  The Finalists



May 6, 2019 Update:  I voted with Charles Addams's hometown of Westfield.


May 13, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



Note:  Last week cartoonist Carolita Johnson showed us a woman dating a man who had a churning kitchen blender for a head. (And you thought caption contests were irrelevant!) Anyway, my caption might have come out better if I'd left the cover on. Pore over what's poured over from Contest #658.


02902

No comments:

Post a Comment