Tuesday, April 30, 2019

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for March/April 2019

Who can find the time for work, family, and my entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for March/April 2019? Moment is a magazine which covers topics of Jewish interest. Multiple entries to the contest are permitted. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz. My first entry in this contest is obviously no longer current.
"I'm sorry, but I'm going to need more time to redact the Mueller report."
"I know I used my kids' names for my password, but I can't remember either."
"Just have my assistant fly down for a few rounds of keep away."
"I wanted a staycation but I was outvoted."
"It turns out paradise has everything but wi-fi."
"Boss, what do I do? My kids set a limit on my screen time."

"I've fallen behind. It turns out the wi-fi here is shomer shabbos."
"And that's why I'm known as the maven of multitasking."
"Let me bounce that off the team and I'll get back to you."





June 12, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



October 6, 2019 Update:  The Winner



Glossary of Jewish Humor:  Shomer shabbos refers to people or entities which observe Jewish law on the Sabbath. Thus in the context of my seventh caption here there would be no wi-fi from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. A maven, of course, is an expert. A mikvah is a ritual bath.


Note:
  Last year's Moment profile of some of the Caption Contest contestants may be read here.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment