Friday, September 5, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #440

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #440 for September 1, 2014. The drawing is by Danny Shanahan.


"I'm so pumped!"



September 8, 2014 Update:  The Finalists



September 22, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last go round in the Cartoon Caption Contest, Corey Pandolph drew a couple of subway cars sitting in a bar. So the bartender says, "I'm sorry, we don't serve subway cars in here." The subway cars reply, "You had seven days. Is that really the best caption you could come up with?" See the sobering results of Contest #439.

If you want to know what cartoonist is responsible for my ill-fated sideline dabbling in cartoon caption contests, well, it's Danny Shanahan. You can read the whole story in the archives.

Baseball posts tend to pop up on the blog a few times every summer. I think they're all home runs but the umpires may say otherwise.

01270

4 comments:

  1. There should be a "Reactions" box to check for Clever. Yours is very! :p

    Mine was a bit long. "So then Coach tells me that I'd better 'dig my heels in' if I want to keep playing on 'his team'! Wow! I didn't think he knew I even HAD heels!! I sure never thought that HE did!!"

    Any idea when all the 'losing' entries aren't showing this week? No link or nuttin'.

    Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to oblige, Auntie Insandity! I have no idea what happened to the list of all the entries. I don't usually hang around for the full post-mortem.

      Delete
  2. Oh and I wrote one for a friend to submit.

    'Coach didn't think I was being humiliated enough by being benched. I've been wenched." :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your entries, Auntie. Bear in mind that those captions selected for the contest tend to be fairly short.

      Delete