Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #441

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #441 for September 8, 2014. The drawing is by Michael Crawford.

"One day you're fearless, the next--gutless."


I considered a variety of other captions. Sorry, Charlie.
"Gather ye seaweed while ye may."
"It's a constant reminder of my own mortality."
"I wish there were more vegans."
"It's no consolation that the catch was dolphin-friendly."
"I blame Obama."

"I feel so empty."
"Guess who's going to be on 'Deadliest Catch?'"
"I still haven't reached my target weight."

"Yale, Skull & Bones.  How did you know?"

September 15, 2014 Update:  The Finalists


September 29, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  In last week's contest, Danny Shanahan displayed some fancy footwear in the dugout, yet my high-stepping caption struck out. See the well-heeled results of Contest #440.

Michael Crawford created another Cartoon Caption Contest just a few weeks ago. I didn't do any better then despite my skill at parallel parking.

01278

No comments:

Post a Comment