Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #443

Here is my entry for the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #433 for September 22, 2014. The drawing is by Charlie Hankin.

"Did you bring the beer?"


Here are the other captions I considered along the way:
"May I?"
"This is right up my alley."

"But I brought my bowling shoes."
"I'll handle this. You get us some beer."
"Just this once and I'll never ask for anything again."
"It's all yours. I threw my back out."
"Miss one more time and I'm taking over."
"Aim for the pocket."
"How does it reset?"
"Care to split?"


September 29, 2014 Update:  The Finalists



October 13, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  In last week's contest, Michael Maslin drew one hell of a fender-bender. I held my caption to only three words, although I had to make one of them up. See the sinful results of Contest #442.

Holy hen hankies! Yesterday's blog post here about William Steig's crying chickens was picked up on Michael Maslin's Ink Spill blog. Anyone interested in the world of New Yorker cartoonists should be following Ink Spill.

This is Charlie Hankin's first appearance on Attempted Bloggery. Welcome, Charlie! Click on the link to see his website.

01292

No comments:

Post a Comment