Monday, June 15, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #713

Hop on board for my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #713, dated June 15, 2020. The drawing is by Lars Kenseth. My caption is based on my daughter's idea.
"By all means run off and join the circus. Just find your own damn ride."



These captions didn't pass inspection:
"You know the rules. No agents."
"Sorry, no clown school dropouts."
"Sir, I'm afraid this isn't your Uber."



June 22, 2020 Update:  The Finalists



June 29, 2020 Update:  I voted with Paris.



July 13, 2020 Update:  The Winner





Note:  Last time around in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Mick Stevens showed us the moment when the dinosaurs' fate was sealed. My caption proved to be lacking in survival skills. It's the beginning of the end for the big guys at the office in Contest #712.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment