Monday, June 29, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #715

Crack up over my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #715 for June 29, 2020. The drawing is by Mort Gerberg.
"Just one. I can't afford any more great falls."




These captions weren't palatable:
"Do you have anything that can do what all the king's men couldn't?"
"For heaven's sake, no more pick-me-ups."
"Something to put me together again."




July 13, 2020 Update:  The Finalists



July 20, 2020 Update:
  The finalists were each very good this week. I voted with Brooklyn.



July 27, 2020 Update:
  The Winner





Note:  Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist P. C. Vey showed us a couple playing a game of beach ball in the pool with a cat. Play along with Contest #714.

Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment