Monday, June 1, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #712

Signed on the dotted line before it's too late and then peruse my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #712 for June 1, 2020. The drawing is by Mick Stevens.
"You are now fully covered. May I ask what sold you on our insurance plan?"



These captions were disastrous:
"I feel sure this partnership will never crater."
"Oswald! When did you become such a doomsayer?"
"Expect your career to have a meteoric rise."
"Trust me, there's nothing bigger than you on the horizon."



June 15, 2020 Update:  The Finalists



June 22, 2020 Update:  I like all three captions but my vote went with Berlin.



June 29, 2020 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist John Klossner took us in to the ballgame. My caption struck out. Recall the excitement of baseball with Contest #711.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment