Monday, June 22, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #714

Catch my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #714 for June 22, 2020. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"See? With the ball, it's much more humane."



These captions didn't float:
"See? Cats make everything better."
"See? She's more fun than the dog."



June 29, 2020 Update:  The Finalists




July 13, 2020 Update:  Notwithstanding a superficial similarity between Wheaton's caption and my own, I voted with Portland.


July 20, 2020 Update:
  The Winner



Note:  Last time around in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Lars Kenseth took us to a garage servicing a loaded clown car with a stowaway on board. My caption failed inspection. Fasten your seatbelt and head over to Contest #713.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment