Saturday, June 13, 2020

Reamer Keller in College Humor, September 1937

Cartoonist Reamer Keller had but one gag in the September 1937 issue of College Humor. It's good to know when it's okay to break the rules.
"Don't pay any attention to that—my husband's a traffic cop."
Reamer Keller

College Humor, Vol. 6, No. 1, September 1937, page 40




Note:  This is the 45th post to arise from my storied visit to Columbia University on March 10, 2016. The 1937 College Humor issue referenced here is one of more than 5,600 magazines in the Steven Boss humor magazine collection at the Butler Library.
I photographed it in the Rare Book and Manuscript Library, doing a little something I call research. The Butler Library is at present closed until further notice, but when it does reopen, Curator for Comics and Cartoons Karen Green can direct interested parties to exactly where all the good stuff is kept.


By the way, more College Humor work by Reamer Keller would be welcome in my inbox. In the meantime, I'll share what I've found on my own.


External Links:

Stripper's Guide:  "Reamer Keller, Portsmouth Gift To The Pen-And-Ink Brigade, Tells How" by Wayne Paulson (Portsmouth Times, October 24, 1937)

Daily Reamer



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

Reamer Keller


College Humor


Attempted Bloggery's Index Includes Free Parking


03288

No comments:

Post a Comment