Monday, May 25, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #711

Will my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #711 for the issue of March 25, 2020 be scored as an error? The drawing is by John Klossner.

"I'm just watching baseball and being a couch potato."

These captions were foul balls.
"Sorry, we've got a home game."
"Could you call back after spring training?"
"It turns out a woman CAN coach."
"I root, root, root for the home team."
"Is our insurance all paid up?"



June 1, 2020 Update:  The Finalists




June 15, 2020 Update:
  I voted with the capital. I can't find my All-Star ballot.



June 22, 2020 Update:  The Winner



Note:
  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist Julia Suits gave us birdwatchers snooping on a bird singing the blues. My caption wasn't cool enough. Sing along with Contest #710.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment