Wednesday, February 12, 2014

George Price: Jurassic Classic

The American Museum of Natural History in New York has incredible dinosaur fossils that fire the imagination of just about every visitor. Not surprisingly, cartoonists long have wondered about the folks who put these huge skeletons together. So here we have a superb example of original New Yorker artwork by the one and only George Price.


George Price, "I'm willing to say the hell with it if you are."
Original artwork for the New Yorker, November 11, 1950, page 36

Illustration House, December 6, 2008
George Price, "I'm willing to say the hell with it if you are."
The New Yorker, 
November 11, 1950, page 36

George Price, "I'm willing to say the hell with it if you are."
The New Yorker, 
November 11, 1950, page 36

Note:  I keep thinking I'm done with the George Price posts, but I guess I'm not there quite yet. See the older ones here.

It shouldn't be surprising that a romantic blog like this one should have a number of posts just right for Valentine's Day. You can see them here.

01047

No comments:

Post a Comment