Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #415

Here is my entry for the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #415 for February 10, 2014. The cartoon is by Jack Ziegler. The caption is all mine.

Well, okay, it's not really mine. My daughter said this verbatim to my wife when they were lying on the couch watching the Olympics. All I did was transcribe it and pair it with the cartoon, which my daughter hadn't even seen. I thought it worked better here than any of my own ideas because it had an element of surprise.

"I just can't get comfy with you."



These are the captions I came up with on my own albeit when I was trying too hard:
"The Boy Wonder took my wheels to Vegas."
"Could you run upstairs and check for the Bat-Signal?"
"At rush hour, it's the quickest way to the Bat Cave."
"Did you know you've got the build of a Boy Wonder?"


February 24, 2014 Update: The Finalists


March 10, 2014: Winning Caption



Note:  Well, I thought my previous entry in Contest #414 was pretty timely and it even packed a little bit of a punch, but now Chris Christie isn't returning my phone calls.

Older blog posts about Jack Ziegler are here. You could do worse.

Here is another post about the Dark Knight.

01059

No comments:

Post a Comment