Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #429

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #429 from May 26, 2014. The drawing is by Harry Bliss. The caption was composed by me, with a little help from Stephen Sondheim.

"No, not that 'A Little Night Music.'"


June 2, 2014 Update:  The Finalists



June 23, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week's New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #428 featured an invisible man visiting as a houseguest. I just couldn't see that. Actually, judging from the captions of the finalists, it seems doubtful he was an invisible man at all, but I certainly didn't know that.

I had better luck with the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for January/February 2014, garnering my first winning caption ever! I have a long list of reasons why my caption shouldn't have won, but win it did and I'm not going to fight it.

You certainly won't want to miss my older posts about cartoonist Harry Bliss.

I just realized I've never written any posts about Stephen Sondheim. I hope someone out there is filling the void.

If you like gags like this one based on distortions of scale, you might try these on for size.

01167

No comments:

Post a Comment