Saturday, May 10, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #426

Here is my entry for the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #426 for May 8, 2014. The drawing is by Liam Francis Walsh. The caption is by a Baby Boomer who can relate to the situation.


"I still like Justin Bieber."


Here are some other caption ideas. My wife didn't like any of them this week, if that's any help.
"Could you make this your last encore?"
"It's time to say 'Good night, New York.'"
"Can we go back to reading Goodnight Moon?"
"I could use a glass of warm milk instead."
"Mom won't be happy if you smash another guitar."
"I was thinking more of a lute suite."

"But I would never make a grown man cry."
"Dad, you promised this is the last farewell tour."
"Is that why you named me Layla?"

May 12, 2014 Update:  The Finalists

May 26, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption


Note:  Last week's New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest was set in an office. Cartoonist P. C. Vey doesn't work in an office. Neither do I. I think you can see where this collaboration is going. The very unprofessional results for Contest #425 may be seen here.

Liam Francis Walsh has appeared on this blog in previous caption contests. His work has inspired me to write--well, my usual captions. See it all here.

Liam Francis Walsh's website is here.

His New Yorker cartoons are here.

Follow the news about Liam Walsh on Ink Spill here.

01145

No comments:

Post a Comment