Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #428

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #428 for May 19, 2014. The cartoon is by Frank Cotham. You know who wrote the caption.

"Are you sober enough to drive him back to the N.S.A?"


Here are a few other captions I wasn't especially pleased with:
"A makeover might help you too."
"You shouldn't have hit the delete key."
"You should give it a try.  It would hide your beer belly."


May 26, 2014 Update:  The Finalists


June 16, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption


Note:  Last week I thought I came up with a palatable enough caption for Benjamin Schwartz's take on the Zombie Apocalypse, but as they say it was no amuse-bouche.

The New Yorker's Cartoon Caption Contest remains way out of my league, but I did just have a winning caption in Moment magazine's contest, my first ever. Let me tell you all about it.

Do you need some appropriate reading for your Memorial Day weekend? This would be the ideal time to read my blog posts about the First World War, the Second World War, or the Vietnam War. Enjoy, but please don't call it edutainment.

01159

No comments:

Post a Comment