Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #425

Dearly beloved, this is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #425 for April 28, 2014. The drawing is provided by P. C. Vey. The caption is provided by me.

"Our staff always gives their all."


Here are a few other captions:
"He said he'd never give up the Lazlo account."
"It was his dying wish."
"This may explain the lag in accounts receivable."
"His exact words were 'you'll move me to a cubicle over my dead body.'"
"Come meet our last employee of the year."


May 5, 2014 Update: The Finalists


May 20, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Why would anyone do their laundry in the middle of the desert?  My entry in Contest #424 is still in the rinse cycle here.

I happen to like my previous entries for P. C. Vey's Cartoon Caption Contests, but the editors don't necessarily agree with my assessment.

01137

No comments:

Post a Comment