Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #427

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #427 for May 12, 2014. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz. I wrote the caption. My wife looked at this caption and for the first time said it looked professional, a rather nice compliment even though it implied that my previous fifty caption entries were amateurish. Anyway, I like to look at it as just some everyday good advice for the Zombie Apocalypse.

"Let's try less Linda Hamilton, more Martha Stewart."


May 20, 2014 Update:  The Finalists

June 2, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Read my only previous blog post to mention the Zombie Apocalypse.

See my previous posts about Benjamin Schwartz, including one contest where I just plain forgot to submit my caption. Whoops.

Last week I also tried a bit of celebrity name-dropping in my Caption Contest entry. It didn't work then either. Check out Contest #426.

01152

No comments:

Post a Comment