Monday, October 7, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #680

Dry off and enjoy my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #680 for the issue of October 7, 2019. The drawing is one of many by Danny Shanahan with a setting in the Market St. restaurant in his home town.
"I asked for a dry martini."



These captions were too soggy:
"Then how about finding me some iceberg lettuce?"
"That reminds me: I don't have a napkin."




October 14, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



October 21, 2019 Update:  I voted with LA.


October 28 2019 Update:  The Winner



Note:  Last week cartoonist Drew Dernavich presented us with a king on his throne surrounded by cacti and attended by a knight. Grab a spade and dig into Contest #679.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives


No comments:

Post a Comment