Monday, September 30, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #679

Try not to get too prickly over my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #679 for the issue of September 30, 2019. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.
"My liege, the kingdom is prepared for climate change."



These captions weren't sharp enough.
"They're from Priscilla, Queen of the Desert."
"I'm sensing some barriers to intimacy."
"I have no news of battle. I'm the gardener."




October 7, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


October 14, 2019 Update:  I voted with Newton. Or, if you prefer, with Albuquerque.


October 21, 2019 Update:
  The Winner




Note: Last week cartoonist Victoria Roberts drew two entwined giraffes. Stick your neck out and review Contest #678.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment