Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #42

The downloadable image for the Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #42 contains the string warnedaboutsplashing, which suggests that Drew Panckeri's original caption is something like "Didn't I warn you about splashing?" That's pretty good. Here's what I was able to came up with:
"Now for a spell I once cast on Tom Brady's footballs."
"Didn't I say at lunch to wait an hour before swimming?"
"I have a rule against skinny dipping."
"It's for your safety. I just turned the lifeguard into a frog."
"I'll turn you back for a nice chunk of your pension fund."
"I see the swimming charm doesn't work without a wand."
"Next time I'll look up the correct floating charm."


October 4, 2019 Update:  The Winner


In his analysis of the contest, seven-time New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest winner Lawrence Wood mentions one of my entries and why it doesn't quite fit:


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:



03043

No comments:

Post a Comment