Monday, September 16, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #677

Are you mysteriously drawn to my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #677 for the issue of September 16, 2019? The drawing is by Farley Katz.
"Now I'm the one who needs a rescue."


September 23, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


September 30, 2019 Update:  I voted with LA. It seems to me the cartoonist's intention is to have the man under hypnosis speak the caption, but the three captions selected by the editors each had the cat speaking instead. The incorrect attribution of the caption happens every now and then and there's not much one can do after the fact. The caption I voted for can, I think, be said by either character whatever the contestant's intention.


October 7, 2019 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Paul Karasik's caveman cooked a giant drumstick on the barbie, and he wasn't even Australian. Grab a paper plate and head over to Contest #676.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment