Monday, October 14, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #681

Grab a hold of my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #681 for the issue of October 14, 2019. The drawing is by Hartley Lin, who is new to this blog.
"Why did I ever think you'd do in a pinch?"


This caption didn't amuse anyone in my household except me:
"Why don't you just go and scuttle across the floors of silent seas?"



October 21, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



October 28 2019 Update:  I voted with Burien, although I do admire the ingenuity of Isleton.


November 4, 2019 Update:  The Winner



Note:  Last week cartoonist Danny Shanahan gave us a sopping wet bear taking a restaurant order. Towel off before reading Contest #680.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment