Monday, October 28, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #683

Rise up to my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #683 for the issue of October 28, 2019. The cave drawing is by Liza Donnelly.
"Be sure to admire the stairs. They invented them."



These captions were a little too primitive:
"Pretend not to notice there's no doorman."
"They must have made a fortune from the wheel."
"From up there I bet we can see our cave."
"Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer a hole in the ground."



November 4, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


November 11, 2019 Update:  I voted with Mineral Point.


November 18, 2019 Update:
  The Winner




Note: Last week cartoonist David Borchart looked at autumn from the perspective of a leaf. Fall into Contest #682.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment