Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #8

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's the Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #8. The drawing is by Ellis Rosen. My entries follow.
"Where do you see yourself five minutes from now?"
"Silly me! I forgot my own balloons."
"The helium is expensive, but we save a ton on rent."
"Well, now that you mention it, it is ironic that we manufacture pins."
"I'm glad you floated this by me."



February 6, 2019 Update:  The Winner


February 9, 2019 Update:  Seven-time New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest winner Lawrence Wood, in his new Cartoon Collections feature "Caption Contest Commentary" writes:

Like I did, many of you thought of typical interview questions (or clever variations on these questions) that took on different meanings in the context of the drawing. The best of these included, “Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation” (similar to but better than my own “work-related challenges” caption), “Where do you see yourself in five minutes?” and “Any problems finding us?”

Thanks for the mention, Lawrence Wood.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

Ellis Rosen

No comments:

Post a Comment