Monday, January 28, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #648

All aboard for my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #648 for January 28, 2019. The drawing is by Amy Hwang.

"They added a stop just for Henry."



These captions left the station without me:
"I thought it was serious but he was just passing through."
"Promise you'll let me know if my model railroading ever gets out of hand."
"We had to learn about eminent domain the hard way."


February 4, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


February 11, 2019 Update:  I voted for the third caption. Sorry, New England.


February 25, 2019 Update:  The Winner


Note:  Last week cartoonist P. C. Vey took a magic wand to the shredder. My caption failed to levitate. Presto! It's Contest #647.


02817

No comments:

Post a Comment