Monday, January 14, 2019

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #646

Take some air and enjoy my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #646 for January 14, 2108. The drawing is by Joe Dator.
"Sandra, forget all this and run
away with me to Aspen."




These captions didn't land well:
"Did I ever tell you about the agony of defeat?"
"So far, so good."

"I'm really not into all this fun in the sun."
"Have you considered winter sports?"




January 21, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



January 28, 2019 Update:  I voted for the second caption.

February 4, 2019 Update:  The Winner




Note: Last week cartoonist Kim Warp gave us a close encounter with the Yeti. My caption was, quite frankly, abominable. Journey up the mountain to Contest #645.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment