Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for September/October 2018

Here are my entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for September/October 2018. Unlike The New Yorker's caption contest, multiple entries are permitted. Just like The New Yorker's contest, Jewish humor is encouraged. The nutty drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"Two words:  acorn latkes."
"Why, no, I didn't see your eggs. Where do you think you put them all?"
"Now, now. You know better than to call them deplorables."
"I say winter, shminter."
"I have 100 good reasons for you to accept my marriage proposal."
"When I say, 'Nuts to you' it's a good thing!"



November 10, 2018 Update:  The Finalists


January 16, 2019 Update:  Winning Caption




Glossary of Jewish Humor:  Latkes are fried potato pancakes traditionally associated with the holiday of Chanukah. Or is it Hanukkah?


Note:  Moment has just published a profile of some of its Caption Contest contributors here.

Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:


Benjamin Schwartz


The Moment Magazine Cartoon Caption Contest


The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest


All My Caption Contests


Attempted Bloggery's Bonkers Index


02716

No comments:

Post a Comment