Monday, October 8, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #634

Ascend the heights of my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #634 for October 8, 2018. The drawing is by Liza Donnelly.

"Did you tell him how he can get more business?"


These captions weren't healthy enough.
"Of course you bought them. It's not costing you any calories."
"I hear they're worth the climb."
"If he's not the Sun God, why doesn't he relocate?"

"Would it kill you to get it with a little sauerkraut?"
"See? It's location, location, location."
"And a Diet Coke."
"Why didn't you climb like an Egyptian?"
"How do you know he's not a tomb raider?"
"We can get baked beans at the Sphinx."
"They're better at the ball park."



October 15, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



October 22, 2018 Update:  I voted for the second caption.


October 29, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist Zachary Kanin set aside part of the playground for grownups. Still my caption was juvenile. Slide into Contest #633.

See my older posts about Liza Donnelly here. She knows all the angles.

02701

No comments:

Post a Comment