Monday, October 22, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #636

It's time to unwrap my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #636 for October 22, 2018. The drawing is by Tom Chitty after a famous (staged) photograph by Charles C. Ebbets publicizing the construction of Rockefeller Center.
Charles C. Ebbets
Lunch Atop a Skyscraper, 1932

"Ninety-nine days without an accident. Why?"



October 29, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



November 5, 2018 Update:  I cast my vote for the first caption.



November 12, 2018 Update:  The Winner



Note:  Last week cartoonist Christopher Weyant took some of the luster off finally meeting that knight in shining armor. I neglected to submit my finished caption, but you can still enjoy the joust as if I had. Take a shine to Contest #635.

Then you might want to hang with my older post about Tom Chitty. 


02715

No comments:

Post a Comment