Monday, September 24, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #632

Here is my arresting entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #632 for September 24, 2018. The drawing is by Lars Kenseth.

"What makes you think Russia is behind this?"



These captions didn't follow police procedure:
"I'd swear I brought in only one suspect."
"All the witnesses are useless."
"We may never solve the K Through 5 Mystery."
"Every day we find more layers to this puzzle."
"If it were up to me I'd cuff them all."
"Don't you think I'd run their fingerprints if I could?"



October 1, 2018 Update:  The Finalists




October 8, 2018 Update: I voted for the second caption. As if you couldn't guess.


October 15, 2018 Update: Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist Ellis Rosen sat a pizza chef on a jet plane. My caption didn't rise to the occasion. Grab a slice and dig into Contest #631.

This is Lars Kenseth's first Caption Contest and his first appearance on this blog. Coincidence? I think not.


02687

No comments:

Post a Comment