Monday, September 10, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #630

Soak up my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #630 for September 10, 2018. The drawing is by Mick Stevens.


"You and your 'best spot on the beach!'"



These captions needed some time to dry off:
"Well, you can just forget about our picnic lunch now."
"At this point, we might as well wait for the tide to go out."
"Maybe so, but it isn't exactly the high water mark of my day."
"As long as you're not using the bathroom, another beer?"
"Didn't I tell you to leave the cell phone in the car?"
"Don't worry—Rover's in the umbrella."



September 17, 2018 Update:  The Finalists


September 24, 2018 Update:  I voted for the first caption even though I think the second was a little closer to my own.


October 1, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Farley Katz gave us a rock wall that talked back. My caption lost its footing. Scale the heights of Contest #629.

Relax and enjoy my previous posts with Mick Stevens at the top of the tide.


02673

No comments:

Post a Comment