Monday, September 17, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #631

I tossed off an entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #631 for September 17, 2018. The drawing is by Ellis Rosen.

"The floppy disk is back!"


These captions kneaded work:
"They made me check my toppings."
"Can you get my rolling pin down from the overhead."
"Trade ya."
"Sure I could go by train. Either way, it's a toss-up."
"While your laptop is open, could you see if there's anything on WebMD about compulsive pizza-tossing?"



September 24, 2018 Update:  The Finalists


October 1, 2018 Update:  I forgot to vote this week. I like the second caption.


October 8, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist Mick Stevens hit the high water mark of his career. So why did my caption float away downstream? Towel yourself off and absorb Contest #630.

Doh! There's just one earlier caption contest by Ellis Rosen in the blog archives.

02680

No comments:

Post a Comment