Monday, February 5, 2018

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #603

Step up to my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #603 for February 5, 2018. The drawing is by John Klossner.


"I can't seat you with that altitude."


These captions couldn't make it to the summit:
"Table for one with everything?"
"You must discover for yourself how to make a reservation."
"Always carry a credit card."
"Finally, someone from Zagat's."
"As my delivery boy, you have to use the back elevator."

"Don't order the trout."
"Reservation under what mantra?"
"I don't care if you think Shanahan's guru was funnier."



February 19, 2018 Update:  The Finalists


February 26, 2018 Update:  I voted for the first caption, although I do like the third one also.


March 5, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Tom Cheney visited the sick bed of the Gingerbread Man. My caption was only half-baked. Run, run, as fast as you can to Contest #602.

Reach Nirvana with John Klossner's prior blog appearances here.

Attempted Bloggery Supports Net Neutrality.

02451

No comments:

Post a Comment