Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Best New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest Entries of 2015

After almost three years of trying my hand at composing captions, it's pretty clear that I don't yet have what it takes to succeed in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest. Since none of my captions got it quite right, I have taken the liberty of choosing a sampling of this year's entries that are representative of my best not good enough efforts. Forgive me for not always having the mots justes at my command, but then I don't speak French. While this year I have gotten nowhere, at least I can pledge to do no worse next year.

Contest #458 by Paul Noth


Contest #459 by Liza Donnelly


Contest #460 by Tom Toro


Contest #462 by John Klossner


Contest #463 by Michael Maslin


Contest #464 by Liam Francis Walsh


Contest #467 by Paul Noth



Contest #468 by Mick Stevens


Contest #469 by Kaamran Hafeez


Contest #470 by Frank Cotham


Contest #473 by Michael Maslin


Contest #474 by P. C. Vey


Contest #476 by Benjamin Schwartz


Contest #477 by Mick Stevens


Contest #478 by Michael Crawford


Contest # 482 by P. C. Vey


Contest #484 by Liam Francis Walsh



Contest #485 by Danny Shanahan


Contest #486 by Julia Suits


Contest #487 by Michael Crawford


Contest #489 by Drew Dernavich


Contest #492 by Liam Francis Walsh


Contest #493 by Farley Katz


Contest #494 by Benjamin Schwartz


Contest #500 by Michael Masin


Contest #502 by Tom Toro



Contest #503 by Joe Dator
"We say payback's a Grinch!"



Note:  Last year I think my captions were funnier.

There's more on this blog about these New Yorker caption contest cartoonists:

Frank Cotham
Michael Crawford
Joe Dator
Drew Dernavich
Liza Donnelly
Kaamran Hafeez
Farley Katz
John Klossner
Michael Maslin
Paul Noth
Benjamin Schwartz
Danny Shanahan
Mick Stevens
Julia Suits
Tom Toro
P. C. Vey
Liam Francis Walsh

01730

No comments:

Post a Comment