Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #487

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #487 for August 31, 2015. The drawing is by Michael Crawford.
"I'm the sole survivor of the pub crawl."

I think I was wise not to submit this one:
"Have you seen a horse with no name?"


An explanation for those who don't remember:
"A Horse with No Name" (1971)
Performed by America
Music and lyrics by Dewey Bunnell




September 7, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



September 21, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, Julia Suits brought a pet along to a Viking battle. Unfortunately, my caption was not housebroken. See the unHaralded results of Contest #486.

Attempted Bloggery's posts about cartoonist Michael Crawford now include an account of a recent gallery opening where your blogger was in attendance.

01616

1 comment:

  1. Your discarded one is slightly similar to mine: "Did someone find a phone?"

    ReplyDelete