Friday, November 6, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #496

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #496 for November 2, 2015. The drawing is by Tom Cheney.

"Frankly, I was hoping for a better trade-in."



Now here's one I didn't submit. As you can see, I really had no idea what to do with this cartoon.
"Guess where I'm parked."


November 9, 2015 Update:  The Finalists
Note that Lawrence Wood is a finalist this week. He has won the Caption Contest six times, if I have my figures right, and is the most successful entrant in this contest by far. Kudos, Larry!




Note:  Last week cartoonist Drew Dernavich peered into the corporate boardroom. My caption was a bit paranoid. Gaze into the crystal clear results of Contest #495.

A few of Tom Cheney's cartoons are on this blog, and they aren't just about Pop Tarts.

 01678

No comments:

Post a Comment