Saturday, March 22, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #419

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #419 for March 17, 2014. The medical cartoon is by P. C. Vey but the diagnosis is all mine.

"Good news!  Guess what your health insurance covers?"

Hmm. If only I could take another stab at it:
"You have a highly-resistant gonococcus."

March 24, 2014 Update:  The Finalists



April 7, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  The last time we heard from P. C. Vey on this blog, he created a drawing for a New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest that was also set in a doctor's office. Scout's honor. See Contest #386 here.

Last week's New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest required me to come up with something clever to say about a voracious sofa. You can guess how well that went. See the unvarnished results to Contest # 418 here.

For a moment, let's forget about the New Yorker's caption contest in which the odds against mediocre captions becoming finalists are astronomical. Right now I myself am a finalist in the Moment Magazine Cartoon Caption Contest which is much friendlier to my brand of lame captions. In fact, this is the fourth time I was selected by Bob Mankoff as a finalist in this contest and you can read all the repetitive details here. You may even vote for your favorite caption entry here. Voting closes April 10.

01091

No comments:

Post a Comment