Friday, March 28, 2014

MoCCA Arts Fest 2014

The 2014 MoCCA Arts Fest is right around the corner, coming to New York City on April 5th and 6th. The 2012 Festival was the first comic art convention I ever attended, and I had a surprisingly good time even though, as it turns out, the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art was in the late stages of a serious financial crisis. Then MoCCA merged with the fiscally sound Society of Illustrators and its financial house was put in order. I was disappointed that the 2013 MoCCA show wasn't nearly as exciting for me, and I made fewer purchases accordingly. Now perhaps the pendulum will swing the other way.

Fiona Staples, MoCCA Arts Fest 2014
http://www.societyillustrators.org/Mocca_Event.aspx?id=10561


I'm not sure yet whether I'm going this year, but it seems that whenever I do go I come away with material for at least a few blog posts. For example, some swag I came across at the 2013 Fest included a pin promoting Art Spiegelman's MetaMaus. The next time I need to wear a pin with a swastika on it, I am ready.

Art Spiegelman, Promotional pin for MetaMaus


Note:  So just what was I up to at MoCCA Fest? See my old blog posts here.

More posts on Art Spiegelman may be seen here.

01098

No comments:

Post a Comment