Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #394

Here is my latest entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest for September 9, 2013. The cartoon is the work of John Klossner. The caption is mine.

"I find the days drag."



An alternate caption I chose not to go with:
"You can't say Zeus doesn't have a sense of humor."



September 16, 2013 Update: The Finalists


September 30, 2013 Update:  Winning Caption





Note:  My entry in The New Yorker's Caption Contest #393 is here. Unfortunately my caption lost its timeliness within 24 hours of my submitting it. That's the way it sometimes goes when you try to use contemporary events for gag humor.

John Klossner's work appears on this blog in a previous Caption Contest here.

Do you like the Classical world? I have some blog entries on Ancient Greece here.

Tomorrow will be the twelfth anniversary of the 9/11 terror attack. My blog posts on this topic are here.

The football season is upon us. I almost missed it!  See my football posts here.

0874

No comments:

Post a Comment