Thursday, September 19, 2013

China Ascendant

For more than a year and a half after I created this blog, page views emanating from China were rarely seen here. Then about six months ago, China suddenly appeared in my monthly blog statistics and never left. I took note of this publicly in March, and expressed my pride and bewilderment.

Today for the first time China appears in the list of the top ten countries in all-time page views of this blog. Furthermore, for the current month, China has moved up to fourth among nations in blog readership. There is a bit of lag time until the all-time statistics are similarly affected, but China clearly has the potential to move into the top half of this list given enough time.

I still have no clear picture of why this has happened, but I don't think the Chinese government has changed any of its repressive policies or embraced internet freedom. Rather, I believe there must be a newfound technical ability to circumvent the government restrictions that are in place.

Attempted Bloggery All-Time Pageviews by Countries, September 19, 2013




Attempted Bloggery Monthly Pageviews by Countries, September 19, 2013


Note:  More blog posts on China can be found here.

0884

No comments:

Post a Comment