Monday, September 2, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #393

Here is my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #393 for September 2, 2013. The cartoon is by Charles Barsotti. The caption is mine.

"I remind you we're neutral in the CBS-Time Warner Cable dispute."


September 2, 2013 7:45 P.M. Update:  CBS and Time Warner Cable have come to an agreement. My caption is already out of date.


September 9, 2013 Update:  The Finalists




January 23, 2013 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  What did the Incredible Hulk have to say in the yoga class? My previous entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest can be found here.

I've had occasion to mention Chareles Barsotti's work a few times now including one post about cartoon gags that take place up in the clouds. These blog posts can be found in plain sight here but one more is undercover here.

There is a lot more of Mr. Barsotti's work in the Cartoon Bank here.

His very own website is here.

He is mentioned a few times on Ink Spill here.

Finally, Charles Barsotti appears twice on The Pictorial Arts blog here.

0866

No comments:

Post a Comment