Tuesday, August 16, 2022

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Summer 2022

Moment magazine's Cartoon Caption Contest for the Summer 2022 issue shows us God addressing two angels while heading off carrying a surfboard. My captions are shown below. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"While I'm gone, replace all the Hallelujahs with Cowabungas."
"Zeus was never this cool."
"Cue the theme to 'Hawaii Five-O' on harps."
"Go write a psalm in praise of gnarly waves."
"Here's a hint: It isn't the Commandments I'll be hanging ten of."



There's no limit to the number of submissions permitted, but I still couldn't justify entering these:

"Noah wasn't any more fun than you two."
"No one remembers I created awesomeness."
"Stay behind if you like, but this will all be Instagrammable."





October 7, 2022 Update:  The Finalists






November 12, 2022 Update:  The Winner








04048

No comments:

Post a Comment