Monday, August 22, 2022

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #815

The cartoon for The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #815 from the issue of August 22, 2022, is so good it scarcely requires a caption. Still, leaving off all the words is not really an option here, so my caption is shown below. The drawing is by Joe Dator.

"Ethically speaking, now there's nothing we can eat."




These captions just weren't on the menu:

"I suppose it's only fair."
"They could use some fiber."
"That should have been our table."
"Are you sure that's beef?"
"That does it. I'm giving up vegetables."
"So that's how they build up their macronutrients."




September 3, 2022 Update:  The Finalists





September 5, 2022 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Evanston.



September 16, 2022 Update:
  The Winner







04054

2 comments:

  1. I was too late but mine would have been: "I don't think "eating meat is murder" is going to play with that crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that might have been a little dark for The New Yorker.

    ReplyDelete